Monday, June 24, 2013

Book Fashion Monday: The Covenant Series

(photo from styleathome.com)
Hello! Welcome to Book Fashion a weekly Monday meme hosted by ME! As someone who both loves fashion and books I wanted a chance to incorporate both in my blog.
Whenever I am reading book I always imagine what a character would wear just as I imagine facial features or a setting to help the book come to life in my mind :)

So every week I will pick or book or series showcase what I believe the character or characters would wear. This weeks pick is a Alex from a new favorite of mine The Covenant Series (Books 1 and 2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout  



Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)
(photo via Goodreads)

About the Book:
The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi pure bloods have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals--well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck. (Add on Goodreads)

About the Character:
Alexandria Andros is the main character of  The Covenant Series. She is a 17 year old half-blood Sentinel-in-training. She's tough, smart and very snarky. And also very much in love with Aiden, a pure-blood.

Workin' it Out

Book Fashion: Alex-The Covenant Series

As a half-blood attend the Covenant who hopes to one day become a sentinel. Alex has to go through a lot of training. Both with Aiden and eventually Seth; another character in the series.

So of course Alex would need to wear something comfortable and easy to move. The ponytail being a sensible hairstyle for training and I added the red sneakers; red being mention in the book as her signature color.


Date with a Pure-Blood

Book Fashion: Alex-The Covenant Series

When she has the chance to sneak out of the Covenant for a party or maybe even a date with a certain off limits pure-blood, Alex likes to show off her more girlie side.

A cute sun dress to show off her shape with some comfortable sandals. she even takes the time to put on a little and jewelry (but not too much!). She doesn't not strike me as the type to fuss over her hair so she goes with her natural hair and she good to go!

The Boys are Back! 

The Boys are Back!

So you know I can't forget the totally crush able boys of the series a.k.a Aiden and Seth. I don't have much to say say on this on. Just that I with they were real :)


Sentinels: The Ultimate Bad*#*

Sentinels: The Ultimate Bad*#*

So this is my take on the all black Sentinel uniform. Gender neutral an easy to move. And of course you can't forget you diamon killing weapon.

What do you guys think? Did I get it right? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you guys! It totally makes my day :) I promise to reply to as many as possible and if you're a fellow blogger, leave you link so that I can come visit you!