Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Review: Dark Summer by Lizzie Ford

Dark Summer (Witchling Trilogy, #1)Dark Summer (The Withling Series #1) by Lizzie Ford
Release Date: August 13th, 2012 
Publisher: GuerillaWordfare        
Format: ebook
Source: Amazon
Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars

A girl with a broken past and a dark secret. A boy with a twisted future and no second chances. When they meet, it just might cost them their souls.

Sixteen-year-old Summer doesn’t expect the new boarding school to be any different than the rest: a temporary stay where everyone will turn against her after a few weeks. Until she meets the rest of the students at this special school and realizes she’s not the only one with magic in her blood. Accustomed to the concrete jungle of LA, she gets lost one night in the forests of the Rocky Mountains and meets Decker, the boy who will become the Master of Night and Fire on his eighteenth birthday. Their connection is instant and dangerous, for both will be forced to choose between Light and Dark, life and death, love – and their souls.

One choice. One soul. One price
(Add on Goodreads).

Ok I want to start by admiting my obsession with witch books. Ever since I read Bras & Broomsticks a couple of years ago I've had a special place in my heart for all books witchy.

Review:

Now if were looking at the book from just the point-of-view of being another YA fantasy then the book was fantastic. I was immediately pulled in by the synopsis on Goodreads, when decidining whether to buy it from Amazon. And I was not dissappointed. The main character was both realistic and relatable although sometimes a little naive, but I still loved her. Ms.Ford wrote a wonderful Romance between, Summer, the main character and  her love interest that I look forward to seeing grow as the series goes on. I don't want to spoil anything but will say that seeing Deckers charcater unfolding is one of the main draws for the book.

The only thing that I missed was the there could of been more magic in the book but I have a feeling that there will be much more to come in the rest of the series, which is why I can't wait.

Final Thoughts:

I liked it but would like a little more action and magic from my with books.

Happy Reading,
                 Chloe

My love for anything about witches is what lead me to this book. Whats you favorite witch book? Please comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you guys! It totally makes my day :) I promise to reply to as many as possible and if you're a fellow blogger, leave you link so that I can come visit you!